BERKS COUNTY TULPEHOCKEN AREA FLINTLOCK RIFLE
Product Code: BERKS COUNTY TULPEHOCKEN AREA RIFLE
Add to Cart
Add to Wish List
This is an original rifle, built late 1700's or early 1800's, attributed to Andrew Figthorn from the Tulpehocken area of Berks County, Pa. The 42 caliber part octagon part round rifled barrel is 44" long. The overall length is 60" and the weight is 7.6 lbs. The brass engraved patchbox is classic Berks County as is the relief carving. We believe this rifle was originally flint, converted to percussion and reconverted to flint. The T.Ketland & Co. marked lock is correct for the period but not original to the gun. Note that the last 13" of the barrel has been replaced with a rifled section with the original lower section being a smoothbore and the last 13" of the forend wood replaced as well. This stretching was done probably in the 1960's and is of the highest quality workmanship and barely noticeable. Additional photos are available upon request. Add $75.00 for shipping.